Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re staying at Four-Star Raphael Hotel in Kansas City, you’ll want to be sure to dine at least once in the hotel’s restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, where you’ll be treated to tasty American cuisine from chef Charles d’Ablaing. Here are five things you should know before you go to the restaurant:
1. Live music. Enjoy live music every night — you'll get a mix of jazz trios as well as more contemporary sounds — and during the weekend jazz brunch.
2. American cuisine with a Southern accent. You’ll see some Dixie twang in the American dishe,s like the fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, Savannah-style crab cake and dumplings and chowders.
3. There’s a children’s menu. Although bigger kids will be fine dining from the regular menu, there is a menu for the smaller tykes. They’ll find options such as pancakes, French toast and eggs for breakfast; grilled cheese, hamburger and mac and cheese for lunch and dinner; and ice cream for dessert.
4. Happy hour. Who doesn’t love a good happy hour? Head to Chaz Lounge from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for half-price appetizers and drink specials.
5. Two for Tuesday. From 5 to 7 p.m. each Tuesday, you can get a three-course dinner, including a bottle of wine, for $90. Each twosome gets to choose an appetizer and entrée and then share a dessert and a bottle of wine. It's a great deal.