Answers from Our Experts (1)
The menu at Chaz on the Plaza is filled with many mouth-watering options, so it’s hard to choose, but we’ve summed up what we think are the best things to order:
1. Fried green tomatoes. With chef d’Charles Ablaing’s Southern background, these fried green tomatoes flaunt his down-home influences. The tasty first course comes stacked with creamed spinach, tomato chutney and Parmesan. We especially thought the tomato chutney was spectacular.
2. Diver-caught scallops. The scallop dish changes periodically to make use of seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. The latest version arrives with housemade cornbread croutons, macerated grapefruit, chives, ramps, cauliflower and grapefruit emulsion.
3. Chilean sea bass. This tender and moist fish is accompanied by porcini, gnocchi, rapini, preserved Meyer lemon and a flavorful saffron-clam broth.
4. Aged prime beef tenderloin. This wet-aged prime beef tenderloin is a chef’s signature item and pretty popular. It comes with a decadent Brie-stuffed potato croquette, grilled asparagus and a smoked sea salt demi glace.
5. Bananas Foster French toast. We love a creative and sweet breakfast and the bananas Foster French toast is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. This isn’t your basic French toast, as it comes with bananas basted in brown sugar cinnamon, plenty of butter and topped with vanilla bean whipped cream.