Answers from Our Experts (1)
Kohler's small-town feeling and beautiful scenery make it perfect for romance, and even lovers need to eat. Here?s our list of our five favorite romantic restaurants in the Kohler area:
1) With the look of a French bistro, Margaux promises romance over shared small plates and easy conversation courtesy of the ample vino offerings. With a focus on locally sourced ingredients, the menu's standouts include the Golden Bear Farm Berkshire pork hash served with smoked pork, roasted sweet corn, leeks, crème frache and arugula; and the Maple Leaf Farms duck breast with soba noodles, baby bok choy, miso broth and shitake mushrooms.
2) The American Club's Immigrant Restaurant, featuring fine dining specialties such as grilled prime-aged tenderloin with seared foie gras, encourages romantic conversation with its low-lighting and separated rooms. For added privacy, request one of the secluded alcoves in the restaurant's Dutch Room. Then impress your date with your fearless navigation of the expansive wine list.
4) Dine right on the Sheboygan River at Lino Ristorante Italiano, an authentic Italian restaurant in Sheboygan's South Pier District. The views over the water are gorgeous, and the gnocchi Sorrentina with basil and fresh mozzarella in fresh tomato sauce promises to please. For protein-craving dates, try the Costata di Manzo grilled ribeye steak served on a bed of arugula.
4) Weissgerber's Seabird Seafood and Steaks in Sheboygan offers beautiful views of Lake Michigan's shoreline to accompany your seafood dishes and Spanish-inspired tapas.
5) Trattoria Stefano, run by chef-proprietor Stefano Viglietti, who also owns three other Sheboygan restaurants, features Italian specialties in a romantic Old World-style setting. Choose from antipasti, salads, pastas or locally sourced meat dishes such as the Vitello Stefano, a 10-ounce Strauss veal rib chop, stuffed with prosciutto, black truffle cheese and sage.