Answers from Our Experts (2)
With beautiful Lake Michigan nearby, the luxury of The American Club and natural beauty to spare, the scenic Kohler, Wis., area offers couples a number of romantic activities:
1. A couples massage at Kohler Waters Spa. The American Club's spa offers about five Spa Two-gether treatments that let couples reach a deep state of relaxation side by side. Options include water treatments and simple massages.
2. Dinner at The Immigrant Restaurant. The dimly lit restaurant is divided into six separate rooms, offering a more private and intimate feel for couples. But to really feel like the two of you are in your own little world, request the Dutch alcoves in the rear, which afford the most privacy.
3. Sunset kayaking at Deland Park beach. A perfect cocktail of sand, surf and sunset add a serious dose of romance to a dusk kayaking adventure along Lake Michigan's shore. Kayak rentals are available at EOS Expedition Outdoor Supply Company, located right on the riverfront near Deland Park beach.
4. A picnic lunch along Old Plank Road Trail. Indulge in the afternoon delight of a bike ride and picnic along the Old Plan Road Trail, which runs through Kohler, Sheboygan Falls, Plymouth and the historic town of Greenbush then links up to the Ice Age Trail in the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
5. Chocolate sampling at Craverie Chocolatier Café. For centuries, people have believed chocolates holds aphrodisiacal properties. We don't question the science behind it — Kohler Original Recipe Chocolates taste too good to really care, and with the Craverie's picture-perfect view of Woodlake from a French cafe setting, we don't think you'll even need them.
Here's our list for the best five things to do on a romantic trip to Kohler:
Take a carriage ride throughout the village.
Walk along Lake Michigan at Kohler-Andrae State Park in Sheboygan on a nice day and have a picnic. If in the evening watch the moon rise in the east. It is just gorgeous!
Relax in the spa with "Twogether" treatments.
Tour the botanical gardens.
Enjoy dessert from the Greenhouse in the courtyard of The American Club.