Answers from Our Experts (1)
In a city with such strong agricultural roots, you’re sure to find some great food. Here are five restaurants to try in Lancaster, Pennsylvania:
1. You wouldn't expect a taste of Italy in the middle of Lancaster, but you'll find it at TÈ Restaurant. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant serves five- and nine-course seasonal menus filled with elevated Italian classics, like lobster risotto, using ingredients from the onsite chef's garden and flown in from Italy. The restaurant also carries an expansive collection of Italian vino, but don't miss the digestivo cart when it rolls through the dining room for an after-dinner drink.
2. John J. Jeffries is the kind of restaurant travelers can’t find anywhere else, since its menu is entirely seasonal, based on the offerings of local farmers who practice sustainable agriculture. The restaurant has developed close relationships with select farmers to offer a menu that’s completely farm-to-table.
3. Fenz is a hot spot with rave reviews for its sophisticated takes on classic foods, including a remarkably upscale version of meatloaf and macaroni and cheese.
4. Carr’s is located adjacent to Central Market, where its chefs select the vast majority of their ingredients. Carr’s operates a wine bar, Crush, at the entrance to the restaurant, and no one would blame a person for getting distracted there and never making it into the restaurant.
5. One of Lancaster’s newest restaurants is Pour, which has an extensive wine and beer list, and a menu that emphasizes charcuterie and other rustic meat dishes.