Answers from Our Experts (1)
Canaletto brings you the tastes of authentic Venetian cuisine in Las Vegas, right where The Venetian hotel’s Grand Canal meets with St. Mark’s Square. Aside from all the action and entertainment you’ll see on the restaurant’s patio, Canaletto also offers a number of terrific dishes. Here’s our list of the five best things to order at Canaletto:
1. Risotto. For something different, we’d recommend opting for the seppienere, a risotto made with shrimp, scallops and fresh Mediterranean cuttlefish in natural black ink. But if that’s a little too exotic for you, there are still a few other kinds of risottos to fill you up.
2. Pizza. It’s almost a rite of an Italian restaurant to serve pizzas, and the pizzas at Canaletto give you plenty of options. We like to keep things simple with the margherita, a thin-crust pizza made with mozzarella, oregano, basil and tomato sauce. Though if you’re looking for more toppings, we’d tell you to go with the quattro stagioni, made with imported ham, mushroom, asparagus, artichokes, mozzarella, basil and tomato sauce.
3. Sea bass. Dine on a whole Mediterranean sea bass either baked under a salt crust or grilled. It comes served with seasonal, sautéed vegetables and roasted Yukon gold potatoes.
4. Gnocchi. Don’t underestimate how good simple potato dumplings can be. You can order them with a traditional meat ragu (bolognese) or with marinara and fresh basil (pomodoro). Or go for the quattro formaggi option, which comes with asparagus, shallots, Gorgonzola, Asiago, mascarpone, cream and Trebbiano wine.
5. Sgroppino. The Venetians take this as the best way to finish a meal, but many just use it as an entryway to dessert. However you view this mixture of vodka, lemon sorbet, prosecco and a dash of cream, your palate will be pleased.