Answers from Our Experts (1)
The big draws at Carnevino are its great steaks and wine (hence the restaurant’s name), but it can be difficult deciding what to order. You’ll have a dizzying array of international wines and dry-aged steaks to make your mouth water — here’s our take on the five best things to eat and drink:
1. The burger. For its delicious burger, Carnevino piles its dry-aged beef patty with pancetta, onion and Gorgonzola or cheddar cheese. Choose arugula salad or house-made chips as your side.
2. Carne cruda. Available on both the lunch and dinner menus, this chopped-to-order steak tartare with raw mushrooms gives you a potent taste of the Las Vegas restaurant’s signature beef.
3. Ricotta and egg ravioli. For a meat-free alternative, try the ravioli. Carnevino stuffs its pillows of pasta with ricotta and egg and douses it all with brown butter.
4. Dry-aged porterhouse. You can’t go wrong with the bone-in rib-eye or porterhouse, but if we had to pick one, we’d go with the latter. The porterhouse, called “La Fiorentina,“ brings you a classic Florentine cut for two.
5. Farmer’s market cocktail. While the cocktail list has a number of great options, inquire about the rotating farmer’s market cocktail, which incorporates local produce into a refreshing adult beverage.