Answers from Our Experts (1)
Javier’s is one of the newest restaurants on the glamorous Las Vegas Strip at the chic, star-studded ARIA Resort & Casino. Nestled on the main floor of the super-hip luxury hotel, it’s a winner for many reasons including:
1. It’s more than just Mexican. While the menu is centered upon upscale Mexican offerings, you’ll also find fresh wild scallops, Dungeness crab, fresh fish offerings, Maine lobster and even short ribs osso buco style.
2. Javier’s is a family-run business. It’s had time to perfect its traditional recipes that are a huge hit at Javier’s in California and Mexico. The entire menu is still inspired by founder Javier Sosa and his wife.
3. Service here is quick. Those who have a busy night planned on the strip can stop in for a satisfying quick meal of shrimp and Dungeness crab nachos, taquitos or Javier’s chopped salad. It’s easy to have a drink and a bite at the bar before hitting the Strip.
4. Try the mole. Even if you’re not a fan of chocolate mole sauce, it’s a must try here at Javier’s. The mole verde contains no chocolate; it’s a green sauce that is made from scratch out of 23 different herbs and ingredients every single day. You’ll taste an intriguing blend of nuts, spices and herbs. The mole verde is served with a braised chicken breast, along with rice, refried beans and warm tortillas.
5. This staff is top notch. Manager Omar Sosa is a true superstar and made sure to make every diner feel welcome while stopping to chat or make recommendations. He even stopped back to make sure we were happy with everything much later in the evening. Along with his waitstaff, he made patrons feel as if they were eating gourmet food in a welcoming family atmosphere.