Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are plenty of selections at Javier’s, the upscale Mexican restaurant in ARIA Resort & Casino that could be considered top picks. The best dishes at the Las Vegas restaurant include:
1. Seafood enchiladas. For just $27, you can enjoy two large enchiladas stuffed with your choice of shrimp, fresh Dungeness crab or a combination of shrimp and crab sautéed with butter, garlic, onion and wine. It’s covered in a tomatillo sauce, melted Monterey Jack cheese and garnished with avocado slices.
2. Cabo azul. This dish features a combination of a Maine lobster enchilada in a creamy pasilla chile sauce, a grilled chile relleno stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese, shrimp and fresh Dungeness crab and topped with a light sauce and a shrimp taco on a flour tortilla prepared Ensenada style.
3. Costilla de res. Tender and juicy short ribs are served osso buco style and braised in a spicy tomato and serrano chile sauce. They’re served with roasted potatoes, white rice and refritos.
4. Chile Colorado. If you’re in the mood for something different why not try a 12-ounce, Kurobuta pork chop, braised in a guajillo tomato sauce with sautéed nopalitos.
5. Mole verde. You have to try this mole sauce, which is made with more than 22 ingredients and served over bone-in chicken breast that’s braised with mole verde sauce and served with rice, refried beans and warm tortillas.