Answers from Our Experts (1)
La Cave restaurant is located in the Wynn Las Vegas. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend knowing the following five things about La Cave:
1. La Cave’s spirit is derived from the Latin phrase “in vino veritas” (in wine there is truth). The space is designed as a wine cellar and hideaway where you can indulge in wine and small plates for lunch, dinner and late-night.
2. There are 50 wines by the glass from all over the world, which you can try as a flight, or as smaller pours from an Enomatic machine.
3. La Cave’s full name is La Cave Wine & Food Hideaway, where the “cellar” room is meant to evoke being in a Tuscan wine cellar, with cobbled oak wood flooring, low ceilings and a metal trestle showcasing Latin phrases. The words “in vino veritas” hover above your head in red neon lights.
4. Chef William DeMarco’s menu focuses on regional American small plates to share. La Cave staff recommends two plates per person to share.
5. Not sure which wine to sample first when your flight arrives? The plank the glasses rest on has Roman numerals under each wine to help you; start with I and end with IV.