Answers from Our Experts (1)
SUSHISAMBA has one of the longer menus you’re likely to see — a function of its fusion of Brazilian, Japanese and Peruvian cuisine. With so many options, you might be left with your head spinning just from figuring out what to order. But we’re here to help. Here are the five best things to order, in our opinion:
1. Sea bass. The restaurant’s most popular item, the Chilean sea bass comes marinated in miso and is served with roasted organic vegetables and oshinko.
2. Mushroom tobanyaki. A small plate of wild mushrooms, charred green onions and garlic chips make this a perfect choice to share.
3. Neo Tokyo. Listed on the samba rolls section, the Neo Tokyo includes yellowfin tuna, tempura flake and ajipanca for a dash of Peruvian spice into familiar Japanese flavors.
4. Cucumber martini. Muddled cucumber, shochu (a vodka-like Japanese beverage), elderflower and fresh-squeezed lime juice make for a drink unlike any you’ve probably ever tasted.
5. Crispy taquitos. We had the yellowtail taquitos, made with shiso, avocado and roasted corn miso, which when combined, create a mix of flavors and textures within a bite-sized package that only SUSHISAMBA could make.