Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many dishes at The Country Club that could be classified as the restaurant’s “greatest hits,” but here is our list of the five best things to order at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant:
1. Chef Carlos’s Gumbo. One of the best appetizers on the menu is Chef Carlos’s Gumbo — executive chef Carlos Guia’s concoction of house-smoked andouille sausage highlighted with shrimp and crawfish. You’ll feel transported to the South with one bite of this flavorful dish.
2. Sea scallop ceviche. You’ll find this amazing starter on the dinner menu. The ceviche is a mix of sea scallops with citrus juices, zest, jalapeño, mint and red chili threads. All the flavors work well together, making it a refreshing dish with some added spice.
3. Brown sugar brined pork chop. This is one of the best entrées on the dinner menu. It’s served with fire roasted corn succotash and black mission fig-bourbon barbecue sauce.
4. Sesame-crusted Hawaiian tuna. An exceptional dish, the tuna is surrounded by shiitake mushrooms and covered with yuzu caviar, ginger “froth” sauce and soy glaze. If you’re a fan of tuna and like mushrooms, you’ll love this.
5. Chile-rubbed American flat iron Wagyu steak. Meat lovers will rejoice while savoring this 14-ounce fine cut of steak topped with the chef’s trademark “roasted garlic mojo.”