Answers from Our Experts (1)
A Pan-Asian bistro with Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Singaporean and Thai menu items, Wazuzu has selections that will satisfy your Eastern cravings. Here are five things you should know about the restaurant, which is located in the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Encore at Wynn Las Vegas:
1. The service is refined and attentive, from the friendly hostess to the knowledgeable waitstaff. If you are new to Pan-Asian cuisine, the staff will educate you and recommend choices for sensitive palates. If you are more experienced with Eastern dining, the staff will answer questions about the type of root used in the Thai curry (galangal) or the methods of sushi preparation. Need it a little spicier? Tell your waiter or waitress and he or she will bring you an extra condiment dish with serrano peppers, garlic chili and Sriracha.
2. The menu categories span the Eastern hemisphere: Signature Sushi (High Roll’er); Traditional Sushi (tuna belly); Thai, Korean, Japanese and Chinese Starters (kimchi); Dim Sum (white lotus); Wazuzu Specialties (live lobster with Singapore curry); Rice and Noodles (drunken noodles); Vegan/Vegetarian Menu (Gardein Chick’n); and Desserts (Thai crêpe).
3. The vegan and vegetarian menu includes such specialties as the vegan Crunch roll, jade dumplings (spinach and shiitake mushrooms) and crispy tofu with green beans and mushrooms. The tofu has a nice crunch and gives in the middle — the perfect bite for tofu lovers.
4. Wazuzu’s bold red, gold and cream-colored dining room is under the watch of two impressive figures: a 27-foot-long Swarovski crystal dragon (valued at about $1.4 million) and David Snyder, executive chef at Wynn Las Vegas and Encore.
5. Wazuzu cocktails are a soothing accompaniment to your spicy lunch or dinner. Try the Thai Silk (Momokawa Moonstone Coconut-Lemongrass Nigori Genshu Sake, Domaine De Canton ginger liqueur, Thai basil, fresh citrus) or the coconut mojito (Cruzan coconut rum, Ciroc coconut vodka, mint, agave nectar, fresh lime juice).