Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas has an extensive list of treatments that blend contemporary and ancient Asian techniques, and all of the spa therapies will leave your body rejuvenated and your mind refreshed. Many can be catered to your individual needs, but if you can’t choose, we’ve rounded up a list of the five of our favorite treatments at the spa:
1. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa offers six body massages, but we recommend the signature Oriental Essence. The one-hour massage was designed to alleviate neck and shoulder tension — perfect for the busy parent or workaholic — and concentrates on easing stress and relaxing the body.
2. We love the one-hour Personalized Ocean and Earth body wrap. It starts off with a body exfoliation treatment and allows you to choose a blend of aromatherapy oils to be applied to your body before the wrap. Your therapist will help you choose the marine mud, algae or oshadi clay wrap to envelop your body, comfortably raising your temperature and drawing toxins out. To top it all off, you’ll get a relaxing Oriental head massage.
3. No spa trip would be complete without a rejuvenating facial, and here we like the Jade Enzyme one. The therapist uses these cool jade facial rollers to smooth out skin and a fruit-enzyme mask leaves your skin feeling tingly.
4. Ladies will want to try the one-of-a-kind Moroccan Rhassoul experience modeled after the ancient healing ritual. First you apply natural mud all over and then you sit in a room that’s heated to 100F to let it dry and draw out toxins. An aromatic steam is then released to soften the mud, allowing the body to soak up its minerals. Its messy for sure but after a light shower rinses off the mud, you feel totally rejuvenated.
5. It’s not a specific treatment, but we like to compare The Spa at Mandarin Oriental’s Time Rituals to a tasting at a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant: sometimes you just need to put yourself in the hands of those who know. Rather than sifting through treatments yourself, book a block of time and leave the rest to the expert staff. Each session begins with a soothing foot ritual and moves on to a variety of other treatments, each selected to address your specific needs. We always discover something new.