Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best places to stay in Lexington vary from contemporary hotels to bed and breakfasts with Southern charm. Here are five that Forbes Travel Guide recommends:
1. Hyatt Regency Lexington. If location is your primary concern, the downtown Hyatt Regency places you right in the middle of the action. It's attached to Rupp Arena, home of the University of Kentucky basketball team, and the Lexington Convention Center. With over 300 rooms and all the amenities a visitor could hope for, it's an ideal pick for many.
2. Castle Post. About 20 minutes from downtown Lexington, the grand stone walls of this gothic castle are juxtaposed with 16 luxuriously appointed rooms. The castle was renovated in 2008 and includes ballrooms, a great hall, upscale accommodations and spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.
3. Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa. This hotel is located away from the bustle of downtown, but since Lexington is small you’ll never be far from the action. Take advantage of the Marriott’s spa and golf course, so you can unwind after a day of business meetings or exploring the Bluegrass.
4. Essence of the Bluegrass. Get a real feel for Lexington by staying at the bed and breakfast on a horse farm. You’ll be just five minutes from the Kentucky Horse Park, and inside the hotel you’ll be treated to a grand lobby and suites with dome ceilings and Jacuzzis.
5. Lyndon House Bed and Breakfast. This downtown escape is close to the historic Transylvania University and within walking distance of several major tourist attractions. You'll find Southern hospitality within the Victorian building, as well as a handful of warmly decorated rooms.