Answers from Our Experts (1)
Travelers will find that the big international chains are your best bet in Lima, especially when you’re in need of full-service amenities. But with the changes in this vibrant metropolis come different lodging choices, too, including a slew of boutique hotels that are popping up in neighborhoods and the city center. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editor’s picks for the best places to stay in Lima.
1. DUO Hotel Boutique. This bright and cozy house in Lima's San Isidro neighborhood has simple, tastefully-decorated rooms, a quiet back terrace with a swimming pool, and modern conveniences like Wi-Fi, flatscreen televisions and air conditioning. The multilingual staff can arrange for anything from airport pick-ups to dinner reservations — and they do so with warmth and kindness.
2. Miraflores Park Hotel. A contemporary full-service hotel in Lima’s stylish Miraflores neighborhood, this modern tower has views of the ocean from just about everywhere you turn, including from the stunning 11th floor infinity pool. Rooms are classic, comfortable and oversized, with beds swathed in crisp, white lines and large marble bathrooms.
3. Casa Andina Private Collection. For a local take on luxe, there's no better pick; you're in the center of Miraflores in a distinctive, memorable box-shaped glass building that's conveniently located (you can walk to shopping, to the beach, or to dinner). A nice choice for those who want to be in a minimal, modern room that comes accessorized with art.
4. Country Club Lima Hotel. This hotel situated in the middle of San Isidro offers something that no other hotel in the city possibly can — a golf course. Come here for traditional afternoon tea, or to check-in to one of the large, Spanish-influenced, classically decorated guest rooms.
5. Swissotel Lima. With 244 guest rooms housed in a modern tower, this San Isidro hotel is popular with business travelers, who make good use of the executive lounge, where you’ll find dedicated concierge service and refreshments throughout the day. There are also six restaurants serving everything from sushi to fondue, and a recently renovated fitness center.