Answers from Our Experts (1)
At the excellent Montage Beverly Hills, it’s hard to narrow down our favorite features of the place (the delicious food? the glamorous rooms? the Four-Star spa?). But here are our picks for the standouts at the luxury hotel:
1. Rooftop pool. The view on the ninth floor is breathtaking — you can see all the way out to the Hollywood Hills and the legendary Hollywood sign — and it’s a serene spot for relaxation. Cabanas surround the blue-mosaic-tiled pool (dive in to hear music playing underwater) with plenty of chairs and towels to go around. Hungry? Grab a bite at the adjacent Conservatory Grill, which serves tasty cocktails, sandwiches and salads (we love the 90210 cobb and the local halibut tacos).
2. Scarpetta. Classic Italian food is a perennial favorite, as is this Four-Star restaurant. Celebrity chef Scott Conant crafts delicious pastas and seafood, plus a to-die-for Sunday brunch. Sit outside if you can — Scarpetta overlooks Beverly Canon Gardens.
3. Exclusive bars. You don’t even have to leave the Beverly Hills hotel to wind down with a fine wine or cocktails. The super-intimate Ten Pound pours aged Macallan scotch, including a break-the-bank $64,000 shot. Parq Bar, situated by the gardens, hums with live entertainment from local musicians every night. Enjoy some champagne and housemade charcuterie as jazz or blues filters through the warm night air.
4. The design style. If you’ve ever wondered what it was like to live in the golden age of Hollywood, the Five-Star hotel will bring you there. Its décor takes inspiration from the Spanish colonial style that was popular in Beverly Hills during the 1920s and ’30s. The hotel also has a Mediterranean vibe, with lots of open areas, outdoor seating and gardens.
5. Location, location, location. When you stay at Montage Beverly Hills, you’re near the middle of Beverly Hills, just a few blocks from shopping on Rodeo Drive and fine dining. Plus, you’re a short drive from the trendy restaurants in West Hollywood.