Answers from Our Experts (1)
Located right near the heart of Beverly Hills (and some of the best shopping in the world), Montage Beverly Hills provides access to some great activities if you ever tire of lounging by the pool and decide you want to venture out. Here are our top five picks for the best things to do near the hotel:
1. Shop. Montage Beverly Hills is in the Golden Triangle, home to most of the upscale shops for which the city is known. Rodeo Drive sits just a few blocks away if you want to pop your head into the requisite Jimmy Choo, Prada and La Perla, while the bigger stores — Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Barneys — line nearby Wilshire Boulevard.
2. Hightail it to Hollywood. Go ahead, be a tourist for a day and check out the stars on the Walk of Fame, the handprints at the legendary Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and the red carpet at the Kodak Theatre (home to the Academy Awards).
3. Sit and read at Beverly Canon Gardens. Just walk out the doors on the side of the Beverly Hills hotel and you’ll enter a lush garden with colonnaded walkways, trickling fountains and tons of quiet nooks for enjoying a good book.
4. Eat at Bouchon. This bistro, bakery and bar from chef Thomas Keller is just on the other side of the gardens, and celebs like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have dined there. It’s more casual than other restaurants in the Keller empire, like, say, French Laundry, but Bouchon is a great little spot to have some wine, catch up with friends and nibble on pommes frites and the quiche of the day.
5. See the art. You could spent the whole day dipping into the galleries along Rodeo and the surrounding streets. Speaking of which, there’s nothing better than strolling the boulevards and enjoying the beauty around the Five-Star hotel.