Answers from Our Experts (2)
We simply can’t stress enough how many fun and relaxing things there are to do at Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. But when traveling to California, exploring off-property in the sunshine is half the fun. Here’s our list of the five best things to do near the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Hit Rodeo Drive. Shop until you drop on the famous Rodeo Drive, which is a short walk from the hotel. If you didn’t bring comfortable shoes, have the house car drop you off to go shopping, or grab a cab. Otherwise, it’s a brief walk to Rodeo Drive, where you’ll find some of the best designer shops in the world like Chanel, Lanvin and Versace amid the towering palm trees.
2. Paley Center for Media. If you’re interested in television and radio, you should make a visit to Paley Center for Media a priority. This interactive museum focuses on the history of media, along with hosting screenings of various movies, TV shows and more. Be sure to check out their calendar, as they regularly host public programs with guest speakers like famous actors and directors.
3. Getty Center. Only 15 minutes away from Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, Getty Center — one of two locations — is one of the most well-known visual arts institutions in the country. The one in the City of Angels, Getty Center, showcases 19th and 20th century European and American art through exhibits like Renaissance Drawings from Germany and Switzerland, 1470 to 1600. Beyond that, its eye-catching exterior architecture and views of L.A. make it a quintessential destination.
4. Getty Villa. After you see Getty Center, drive for 35 minutes to spend time at Getty Villa in Malibu. There you’ll learn more about the cultures of ancient Greece, Rome and Etruria in a Roman-inspired building with fabulous architectural details. Spend time in one of the peaceful gardens, check out an exhibit and then grab a bite at The Café.
5. Art Walks. Public artwork in the form of sculptures and statues are scattered throughout the 90210 area. Once you stop by the Viceroy L’Ermitage’s concierge desk to get a map, you’re all set to take an art walk in the surrounding area. This walk will take you through City Hall, the Civic Center, down Wilshire Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard and through numerous picturesque parks. Art aside, it’s a great way to see Beverly Hills.
The five best things to do near Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills are:
1. Helicopter tour of LA
2. Griffith Observatory
3. The Getty Museum and Getty Villa
4. Malibu Beach
5. The Hollywood Walk of Fame