Answers from Our Experts (1)
A hangout for celebrities and a Five-Star rating to boot, the Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills is a stylish standout among Los Angeles hotels. There’s a lot to love about this hotel, but here are our top five picks:
1. It’s a small boutique hotel. The hotel really feels like a home away from home — it’s as if you’re staying at a friend’s house, and a massive one at that. It’s simple to navigate around the residential-like property and it feels cozier than other gigantic hotels.
2. Getting some privacy is a cinch. Rooms here are tucked into corridors, separate from the main hallways. So instead of seeing all the numbered hotel room doors, you’ll just see a corridor leading to two of them, which allows you to sneak into your room unseen — a nice little perk for VIPs and celebrities looking to fly under the radar. There’s also a red carpet entrance in an underground garage, a great option for those looking to avoid pulling up directly to the hotel and walking through the lobby. Keys are needed to access room floors, so there won’t be any non-hotel guests wandering the corridors.
3. The rooftop pool offers way more than swimming. The luxurious pool has some amazing views of Beverly Hills and the Hollywood Hills. Lounge in one of the private cabanas that can be rented by the day or half-day — they come with complimentary water, fruit and soda, and feature a flat-screen TV, DVD player, stereo, and even a fax machine. Or opt to just recline on one of the lounge chairs and enjoy the sun. Be sure to make the most of the free rooftop yoga that is offered on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. You’ll get treated to a complimentary smoothie afterwards, which will make the views just a little bit sweeter.
4. The Lobby Lounge & Bar is showbiz lore. This lounge is both hip and comfortable at once, and it’s a place you’ll want to spend some time — whether it’s just for a coffee, cocktails or a bite to eat. It’s popular with movie stars and their negotiating agents, so if you hang around long enough, you’ll likely see an A-lister or two. But what makes it a true Tinseltown hotspot is the multitude of scripts that have been written in this very bar. You can even check out the originals framed on the wall. And we like to think that seeing The Godfather of Jaws scripts just might inspire you to get started on your own million-dollar movie.
5. The guestrooms are sleek and spacious. Unlike many hotels, Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills takes a minimalist approach to décor. The Five-Star beauty is simple in its contemporary Asian-inspired design and neutral colors. You’ll find platform beds in the rooms, along with wooden screens behind the beds. Getting ready for a night out in Los Angeles is half the fun here, as the bathrooms are simply huge and have a large dressing area with a vanity and mirror.