Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’d have to make several trips to Circa 55 Restaurant to experience all of our favorite things to order, since the Beverly Hills restaurant features show-stoppers at every meal. Before you hit this fun, 1950s-inspired eatery, make sure you read our top five picks to satisfy your stomach:
1. Start your day off right with the American breakfast buffet: it’s an elaborate spread The Beverly Hilton is known for. You can meander from the cold continental buffet in one room, where you’ll find items such as yogurt, house-baked pastries and fruit to another room serving up hot dishes such as made-to-order omelets, bacon, applewood-smoked bacon and French toast with apricot skewers. Keep in mind, the buffet is only available until 10:30 a.m., though breakfast is served from 6:30 to 11 a.m.
2. If you love a big meal after a weekend filled with swimming and shopping on Rodeo Drive, we highly suggest you hit up Circa 55’s Sunday brunch. You’ll find a huge rotating spread that includes a dessert table filled with pies, cakes and more, and you’re lucky, you just might see an ice sculpture on display while you dine. Brunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. At night, Circa 55 and the adjacent Trader Vic’s Lounge serve fun, Polynesian-inspired fare that’s got quite the kick. We love the Thai red curry with prawns, eggplant, zucchini and carrots swimming in a sweet coconut-milk broth mixed with red curry paste, Thai chilies and Kaffir lime leaves. We sopped up every last bit of that sauce with a side of rice.
4. The steamed lobster dumplings in a seven-spice chili sauce are everything you’d want them to be: hot and spicy little mouthfuls that go great with a cocktail. The dish is listed as a starter on the menu, but we’re willing to bet you’ll want to make it your main course.
5. Circa 55 and Trader Vic’s Lounge share a cocktail menu, so you’ll find the same fun, fruity drinks at both establishments. You can’t dine at Circa 55 without trying the signature mai tai — Trader Vic’s lays claim to the invention of the sweet rum-filled beverage from 1944.