Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Maldives is a wonderful family vacation destination, as many resorts offer plenty of things to do with kids and the waters are clear and warm. Below are Forbes Travel Guide’s suggestions for the best things to do with kids in the Maldives:
1. Ride the Whale Submarine. Despite the name, this is not a vessel for whale-watching but rather a large submarine that gives you a close-up look at coral reef life. It’s a fun activity for both kids and adults. (Note that children under three are not allowed.)
2. Try out some water sports. While your kids may be too young to go parasailing, you can enjoy kayaking, kite surfing and jet skiing in the warm, clear ocean.
3. Splash around. Kids will happily spend all their time swimming and splashing around at your resort’s pool and beach. It’s all about surf and sand in the Maldives, so prepare to enjoy idyllic days building sandcastles. Be sure to choose a resort that features a kids’ pool.
4. Try the kids’ club. Plenty of the resorts offer kids’ clubs, and they comes in handy when you’re traveling as a family. Some offer snorkeling activities and even dive programs. You’ll also find nightly entertainment and fun games like crab races.
5. Join a cycling tour. This one’s best for older kids, as toddler seats may not be available. Cycling is a great way to take a break from the beach and explore the wildlife surrounding your hotel.