Answers from Our Experts (1)
A stay at The Charlotte Inn on Martha’s Vineyard will refresh and relax you. Here are some of the inn’s standout amenities:
1. Tea and snacks every day. Each day between 4 and 5 p.m. on the summer house’s deck, you can unwind with a glass of iced tea or lemonade and munch on cucumber sandwiches on sourdough and chocolate chip cookies. A staff member will serve you while you mix and mingle with the other guests.
2. Magazines and books. You’ll find magazines and books scattered throughout the property’s many sitting areas and patios. If you love the idea of relaxing and reading the paper, this hotel offers a beautiful setting in which to do just that.
3. Gardens. The inn is surrounded by gorgeous gardens carefully maintained by the innkeepers. Sit and relax on one of the many benches, take in the surrounding beauty and listen to the many babbling fountains.
4. Terrace restaurant. Although the dining room is just serving breakfast for now, the breakfast foods it offers are delicious and the environment is elegant. The inside dining room is beautiful, but we admit we prefer the outside patio, surrounded by ivy.
5. Beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrellas. You’ll find beach towels in your guest room closet; they’re replenished each day. And you can obtain beach chairs and umbrellas from the reception desk to take along with you for the day. Just be sure to let reception know what you want ahead of time because chairs and umbrellas are first come, first serve.