Answers from Our Experts (1)
Though Martha’s Vineyard has the enviable spot along the Atlantic coast, not everyone knows how to properly prepare lobster tacos and clam chowder. To help you differentiate the area’s restaurants, Forbes Travel Guide has listed the best places to eat on Martha’s Vineyard.
1. Water Street Restaurant. Surrounded by historic whaling homes, Water Street Restaurant is located inside the Harbor View Hotel and caters to your every desire. The team of chefs, led by Shaun Brian Sells, pays attention to every single detail on the dish and is growing a few of its herbs, greens and produce on property.
2. Hooked. If you’re only ordering one thing, get the lobster tacos. The combination of flavors and textures works perfectly with the fried lobster meat.
3. Detente. Tucked away on Nevin Square in Edgartown, Chef Kevin Crowell and his team create some amazing flavor combinations. During the season, try the peach and Taleggio salad.
4. Offshore Ale. The laid-back atmosphere of Offshore, located in Oak Bluffs, can be described by one thing: the huge barrels of peanuts that are shelled and then thrown on the floor. Being the Vineyard’s only local brewery, try whatever is on tap and bring a growler home.
5. State Road Restaurant. With its own garden out back, State Road is known for its creative and contemporary take on classic American dishes.