Answers from Our Experts (1)
Though eating lobster and lounging make for wonderful pastimes on Martha’s Vineyard, they’re far from the only things the area has to offer. In fact, here are our picks for the best things to do on Martha’s Vineyard.
1. Visit the Island Alpaca Farm. Where else can you visit a friendly herd of alpacas and spend the day learning about them while enjoying a sunny day on the farm? Alpacas roam in the sun while the farmers share information on how they are bred and lovingly cared for.
2. Shop local at the West Tisbury Farmer’s Market. This is the Vineyard’s longest running farmer’s market, now on its 39th year, and it is packed to the brim with local produce and artisan made products. During the summer, the market is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
3. Catch the sunset on Menemsha Beach. A sunset so gorgeous that everyone on the beach claps and the boats tout their horns once the sun disappears into a burst of pink-, orange- and purple-tinted sky.
4. Walk around the Camp Meeting Grounds and Gingerbread Cottages. A brisk walk around the campgrounds will let you enjoy the bright-colored cottages and discover some Oak Bluffs history as you stroll.
5. Bike over to Chappaquiddick. Rent a bike over at Wheel Happy and take the four-minute ferry to Chappy. It’s a great workout.