Answers from Our Experts (1)
Because of its proximity to the water, Martha’s Vineyard offers a boatload of fun things to do with children. We have gone through all the activities, wet and dry, in the area and have listed the best things to do with kids on Martha’s Vineyard.
1. Flying Horses Carousel, Oak Bluffs. The nation’s oldest platform carousel, the Flying Horses has also been designated as a national landmark. Constructed in 1876, it still brings joy to children and adults alike. Grab a brass ring and earn a free ride!
2. The Farm Institute, Katama. The Farm has a variety of summer camps and activities for kids starting at age 2. As a non-profit teaching farm, it connects children and adults to agriculture and farm animals.
3. Island Cove Mini Golf, Vineyard Haven. Nothing beats a fun game of mini golf. Grab the little ones for big fun on the greens before dinner.
4. Martha’s Vineyard Museum, Edgartown. Take a stroll through history at the museum and discover fun facts about the island.
5. Mytoi Garden, Chappaquiddick. A serene moment on vacation is always needed and, as your family threads slowly and quietly through these Japanese gardens, you’ll feel at peace with the Vineyard.