Answers from Our Experts (1)
Though a number of Martha’s Vineyard businesses sell crewnecks, coasters and cookbooks, only a select few places are must-visits during your visit. Here are the five places we recommend doing your shopping for souvenirs (and additions to your wardrobe).
1. Jack Wills, Edgartown. The fabulously British company store is packed to the brim with colorful hues and the latest fashions from across the pond. Best known for its party dresses and online style guide, Jack Wills is the place to shop if you’ve been invited to a soiree on the Vineyard and need a head-turning ensemble for the occasion.
2. Vineyard Vines, Vineyard Haven. The classic Martha’s Vineyard shop found across the nation. Head to this local store and check out the classic preppy styles. Need a bow tie for Sunday brunch? Vineyard Vines is the place to shop for it.
3. C.B. Stark Jewelers, Vineyard Haven. Treat yourself to a gorgeous piece that depicts the island, like the Classic Island Tie Bracelet.
4. Island Outfitter, Oak Bluffs. Enhance your seasonal wardrobe here with exclusive brands such as Holebrook and Smith Optics. This is the store to visit in the event your luggage is lost in transit because their classy summer ware epitomizes Vineyard life.
5. Juliska, Vineyard Haven. Whether you’re furnishing your Cape Cod home or bringing back a gorgeous souvenir, this is the place to shop for delicate home goods. And if you’re invited to a private dinner but don’t know what to bring, Juliska carries amazing hostess gifts, such as the latest cookbooks, artisan food items and timeless kitchenware.