Answers from Our Experts (1)
Some of the best places to stay in Maui rival the beauty of the island itself. From the sprawling Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea to the intimate Travaasa Hana, you’ll find a resort that suits your style. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the five best places to stay in Maui.
1. The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua. Tucked on the north side of the island on the grounds of a historic pineapple plantation, this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star resort has 463 rooms that sprawl around the beach and a 10,000 square foot tri-level pool. Framed by two championship golf courses, this family-friendly hotel has a unique roster of kids’ programs, from cultural encounters to the Jean-Michel Cousteau-designed Ambassadors of the Environment ocean education program.
2. The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui. Situated on 22 acres of tropical landscape in Wailea, The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is the place to unwind after a jam-packed day of fun. Amenities include a full-service spa, three swimming pools (an adults-only pool and two activity pools connected by a 140-foot waterslide), complimentary self-parking and a variety of dining options.
3. Grand Wailea. Part of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel collection, Grand Wailea is centered between the slopes of Haleakala and the grand Pacific Ocean. Rejuvenate yourself with a pampering massage at theForbes Travel Guide Four-Star Spa Grande, then enjoy the resort’s action-packed calendar of events, which includes everything from luaus to cultural and musical extravaganzas.
4. Travaasa Hana. Located in the tiny town of Hana, Travaasa Hana offers an authentic sense of old Hawaii. Two room choices are available — Sea Ranch Cottages are havens tucked near the ocean, and are ideal for a romantic getaway, while the renovated Garden Suites and condos are family-friendly.
5. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea. The island’s only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort remains one of its best places to stay. A sprawling, full-service resort that’s centered around an alluring pool, Four Seasons Resort Maui offers many things (yoga and pilates classes, nightly live music, a comprehensive kids’ program and more), but utmost is the relaxed but polished service. With a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa and Wolfgang Puck’s Spago, a Four-Star restaurant, onsite, you’ll be in paradise the moment you check in.