Answers from Our Experts (1)
Memphis’ five best romantic restaurants showcase the Mid-South region, a place you may not be so familiar with, while managing to keep the romance quotient high. Here’s our list of the five best romantic restaurants in Memphis:
1. Paulette’s Restaurant, a Memphis institution for more than 30 years, recently moved to Harbor Town location on the water to enhance the romantic atmosphere. The continental cuisine comes in an intimate dining room featuring fine woodwork and high windows, with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River.
2. Restaurant Iris offers French-Creole cuisine from James Beard Award semifinalist chef Kelly English. The award-winning Midtown restaurant in a cozy Queen Anne home with a turret room makes the perfect setting for the Louisiana-inspired fare that has gained national acclaim.
3. Downtown restaurant Felicia Suzanne’s specializes in American cuisine with a Southern, Lowcountry flair. Committed to the local food movement, the establishment blends a contemporary feel with classic Southern charm and tradition.
4. The opulent dining room of The Peabody Memphis hotel, Chez Philippe delights with classic French cuisine and a Southern influence. The only Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant in the Mid-South will enchant all of your senses.
5. Bari Ristorante e Enoteca, a quaint restaurant featuring regional Italian cuisine from Puglia, joined the slow food movement and offers a menu in the true Italian way, with smaller portions to allow for multiple courses.