Answers from Our Experts (1)
The room service menu at Mandarin Oriental, Miami runs the gamut from traditional items like omelets and burgers to creative Asian fare. Sashimi and sushi are popular choices — think fresh salmon, spicy tuna and blue crab rolls. A few other highlights include:
1. French toast. This isn’t the ordinary breakfast entrée; here the French toast is crusted with cornflakes and then pan-sautéed, so it’s crispy outside and soft and spongy inside.
2. She-crab soup. Based on a Southern tradition, the she-crab soup has a creamy seafood broth base. Your room service attendant will serve it by pouring the creamy soup over a pile of lump crab and tobiko caviar.
3. Crunchy cashew chicken salad. This salad with an Asian flair stars grilled chicken breast satay skewers served alongside a salad of cabbage, fresh strawberries, glazed cashews with a citrus soy ginger vinaigrette.
4. Lotus chicken lettuce wraps. Tender chicken breast strips that have been sautéed in a slightly spicy sambal-hoisin sauce are tossed with bean sprouts, basil and mint and served in crunchy lettuce leaves. It’s both delicious and healthy.
5. Coconut passion fruit cake. This delicate and flavorful little round cake at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel features passion fruit and coconut mousse on the outside; inside there’s a moist cake and a Bavarian cream custard.