Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Mandarin Oriental, Miami provides some great amenities, including luxe Red Flower bath products and comfy robes and slippers. Here’s what you might need to pack to make the most of your stay:
1. Beach gear. Even if you’re in town on a short business trip, consider bringing your swimsuit just in case. The Mandarin Oriental, Miami has a great pool and its own beach. Almost every room in the hotel also has a balcony so you can soak up the Florida sunshine from your deck. Bring a hat and sunglasses.
2. Running shoes. There’s a scenic 1.3-mile jogging path that circles the island of Brickell Key. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel also offers a variety of fitness classes and you won’t mind getting in a workout in the gym, which has floor-to-ceiling windows and views of the bay. You’ll also need sneakers if you’re planning to do some sightseeing (see #5).
3. Dinner clothes. The hotel’s Five-Star restaurant Azul attracts guests and locals alike for the seasonal cuisine, excellent wines and cocktails, and contemporary design with floor-to-ceiling views of the Miami skyline. It’s not the sort of place where jackets are required for guys, and some people are on the casual side, but you’ll want to put on something nice.
4. A camera. Depending on your choice of room, you can capture the sunrise or the sunset from your terrace. You’ll also want a camera on hand when viewing all the Art Deco architecture.
5. Breathable clothing. If you plan to tour Miami or nearby Everglades National Park on your visit to Florida, be sure to bring shorts or light cotton pants and a Tshirt. You’ll also need plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat if you’re visiting in the summer months.