Answers from Our Experts (2)
Here are a few things you should know about Turnberry Isle Miami:
1. Turnberry Isle Miami isn’t located in Miami, but rather in Aventura, Florida, about a 30-minute drive from downtown Miami. Don’t worry, though, you’ll still find sandy beaches and great luxury shopping at the nearby Aventura Mall, to which the hotel runs a regular shuttle service.
2. It’s a golfing destination. With two 18-hole PGA championship golf courses surrounding the resort, it’s a hotspot for those who love the links. Don’t miss the excellent Golf Pro Shop off the lobby for all your golf wear needs.
3. Bourbon Steak is excellent. Much of the food offered at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel comprises standard resort fare of burgers, crab cakes and Cobb salads, but don’t miss the excellent steaks and fantastic classic cocktail selection at this Michael Mina restaurant.
4. The beach is a short shuttle bus ride away. The hotel offers a private beach club complete with its own beachside eatery, but you’ll need to hop on the hotel’s shuttle bus to reach it. Once there, however, you’ll be treated to sandy beaches and the sounds of crashing waves.
5. The pools are great. The beach might not be right outside your front door, but the property boasts two swimming pools and a lazy river with double and single inner tubes.
Turnberry Isle is one of south Florida’s ultimate oasis retreats. Before you book a room and fall into the relaxation that surrounds the expansive resort, here are a few things you should know:
1. Golf resort. Unlike many of its South Florida neighbors, Turnberry Isle places emphasis on golf instead of the beach. With two 18-hole golf courses and rooms that overlook various holes on the courses, you’ll get plenty of green while you’re here. If you’re craving the beach, you can hop the complimentary shuttle from the resort to the private beach.
2. Restaurants. There are four restaurants on property, including room service, so all palettes will be satisfied.
3. Spa. The spa at Turnberry Isle is a sanctuary in and of itself. Don’t miss some quality time enjoying the amenities and a few treatments while you’re here. Book in advance, and be sure to allow extra time for enjoying the spa’s relaxation room and wet areas.
4. Pools. There are three pools at the resort, including a family pool with a waterslide and a lazy river for all ages. The main pool has cabanas you can rent by the day, which include changing rooms, TVs and Internet access.
5. Beach access. Just because Turnberry Isle isn’t set on the beach doesn’t mean you can’t get some sand in between your toes. The resort has a private beach property just a few blocks from the hotel and transports guests there daily via a complimentary shuttle.