While Mont-Tremblant is a ski spot, it teems with things to do in all seasons. Here are our picks for the top attractions in the Quebec mountainside destination:
1. Alpine skiing. With 95 trails and 14 chair lifts over four mountain faces, Tremblant has plenty of terrain for all types of skiers. The ski resort is open daily from December through March.
2. Ice skating. By the lake, on the grounds of picturesque St-Bernard Chapel, there’s a sweet ice skating rink and a crackling outdoor fire. Head to the kiosk to borrow a pair of free skates and then enjoy the lit-up rink in the evening as music plays softly in the background. Skating takes place between December 20 and March 16, weather permitting.
3. Casino. Ski or take a free shuttle to Casino de Mont-Tremblant. It is open nightly year-round with 500 slot machines, a wide selection of gaming tables, a relaxed grill-and-seafood restaurant called Altitude and nightly entertainment.
4. Cross-country skiing. Parc national du Mont-Tremblant is situated about 7.5 miles from Tremblant Resort. It’s a wilderness park featuring groomed trails, heated shacks and cross-country ski rentals.
5. Scandinavian spas. Scandinave Spa is a collection of hot pools, Nordic waterfalls, Norwegian steam baths and solariums set amid the nature of Tremblant. It’s a great place to decompress after a day on the slopes.