Answers from Our Experts (1)
Montenegro’s coastal resort towns of Budva and Kotor are filled with authentic restaurants serving tasty local cuisine and freshly caught seafood. Forbes Travel Guide’s editors have selected five places to eat in Montenegro that offer the perfect combination of food and ambience:
1. Konoba Stari Grad. The restaurant at this traditional inn tucked away in the narrow cobblestone streets of Budva Old Town has an authentic ambience, offering a good selection of seafood and live local music.
2. Stari Mlini. Fresh fish and seafood are a specialty at this old water mill in Kotor, which dates back to 1670. Owned by the Durica family since 1976, the restaurant provides a romantic setting on the water and even has parking for yachts if you wish to arrive by boat.
3. Langust. You can enjoy fresh seafood such as clams, squid and fish sourced from the local fishing village at this waterfront restaurant in Przno. Eat indoors or dine on the terrace looking out at the water and the colorful fishing boats.
4. One. This restaurant is one of Montenegro’s most glamorous hangouts, serving contemporary Adriatic-Continental cuisine in a sophisticated wine bar setting. It’s located in the new resort and marina of Porto Montenegro, where A-list celebrities, politicians and tycoons moor their mega yachts.
5. Galion. Arrive at this seafood restaurant in Kotor before sunset to enjoy a glass of wine on the waterfront terrace while gazing at the beautiful views over the Bay of Kotor.