Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll experience a number of wonderful amenities during your stay at Cypress Inn in Carmel. Here are the best:
1. The courtyard garden. One of the most charming areas of the hotel is the central courtyard that features an outdoor fireplace, fragrant mock orange trees, bougainvillea bushes and potted cyclamen, and a big Red Dog by George Rodrigue presiding over it all.
2. Dog treats. If you take your dog to Cypress Inn — and many guests do since the hotel is so dog friendly — you’ll be pleased to find the large jar of doggie snacks right at the front desk. And getting a bowl of water is no problem either.
3. Complimentary beverages. Your room is stocked with a decanter holding deep amber colored cream sherry, which is sweet, smooth and perfect for unwinding and warming up after a trip to the beach. And in the bathroom, you’ll find a bottle of Vivreau pure still water.
4. Terry’s Restaurant and Lounge. The cocktail program is completely classically inspired, with menu of drinks like the Rob Roy and French 75 punctuated by quotes from Doris Day-era leading men like Cary Grant and Ronald Reagan.
5. Bath amenities. The bathroom is stocked with products by Gilchrist & Soames that are a cut above the ordinary. You’ll find exfoliating olive leaf extract soap in the shower, along with dispensers of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel with the most heavenly and mysterious floral scent. Other amenities on the bathroom counter include a shaving kit with razor and shave cream, and a lemon facial bar.