Answers from Our Experts (1)
Terry’s Restaurant & Lounge at Cypress Inn is a popular destination for Carmel residents throughout the day — they’ve discovered that the hotel serves satisfying and creative cuisine and cocktails. Here are the best things to eat and drink at Cypress Inn:
1. A classic cocktail. The cocktail program is completely classically inspired, with menu of drinks like the Rob Roy and French 75 punctuated by quotes from Doris Day-era leading men like Cary Grant and Ronald Reagan.
2. Breakfast popovers. Make sure to ask for a popover, airy bread that’s served warm from the oven.
3. Doris Day’s favorite chicken salad. It’s easy to see why Day loves this salad: it’s protein packed with light chicken and sliced hard-boiled eggs and has lots of texture added by water chestnuts, grapes and capers.
4. Clams Meunière. This preparation, which refers to a classic French sauce of brown butter, lemon and parsley, is usually reserved for sole. But it’s equally delicious with tender clams.
5. Cream sherry. Though it’s not trendy, there’s something deliciously soothing about starting or ending the evening with a sweet and smooth sip of cream sherry.