Answers from Our Experts (1)
Tradewinds Carmel only serves a continental breakfast, so the food and drink choices at the Carmel-by-the-Sea boutique hotel are rather limited. But breakfast at the hotel with a serene Asian aesthetic brings a large spread, and there are some nice food amenities in your room. Here are the best things to eat and drink at Tradewinds Hotel:
1. Chocolate-dipped strawberries. Not to ruin the surprise, but we thought the pair of fresh strawberries dipped in both white and milk chocolate were a delicious welcome amenity.
2. Snacks. While there’s no room service, Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel Tradewinds Carmel staff makes sure you won’t go hungry. Complimentary bags of nibbles like grapefruit jellies, mixed nuts and pretzels are on the wet bar.
3. Pastries. The morning spread at Tradewinds includes dry cereal, yogurt, bagels and French-style pastries, like croissants and Danish — we especially liked the buttery treat topped with a poached apricot.
4. Organic tea. The morning tea selection — provided by Numi, based in Oakland, Calif. — included some creative and delicious choices, like chamomile-lemon myrtle, white rose and black vanilla.
5. Champagne. In case you feel like celebrating something like a special occasion — or just being in Carmel — the luxury hotel has chilled bottles of Veuve Clicquot on hand.