Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mumbai has some beautiful hotels, each with their own distinctive touch of luxury. Five of the best luxury hotels in town are:
1. The Taj Mahal Palace which is by far the most famous and iconic hotel in Mumbai. Built at the turn of last century and located just behind the Gateway of India, this hotel is the ultimate in luxury and also hosts some of the city's best restaurants.
2. The Four Seasons Worli is located in the central suburb of Worli and has some of the best views across Mumbai from its open air bar on the 34th floor. The hotel has all the appointments you would expect from a luxury hotel, and even has its own in-house yoga guru to help you stretch and relax.
3. The Leela is located just five minute's from the International Airport, making it the perfect place to unwind after a long journey. With eleven acres of landscaped gardens, it is like an oasis in the middle of the bustling city. Designed by Jeffrey A Wilkes, the hotel is beautifully appointed with interiors that are inspired by India's history.
4. The JW Marriot Juhu Beach is the place to stay if you are hoping to spot some Bollywood celebrities. Overlooking the Arabian Sea in Juhu you can enjoy a treatment at the fabulous Quan Spa followed by a meal overseen by Michelin chef Sergi Arola.
5. The Oberoi Nariman Point is in the heart of the business district of Mumbai and positioned right on Marine Drive. Each room is luxuriously appointed and the hotel is well set up to assist business visitors, with a 24 hour business centre. You can also go shopping in the attached centre, where you can find anything from elegant gold jewelry to a hand made carpet.