Answers from Our Experts (1)
Attractions from museums to marionettes are sure to keep your kids occupied if they’re accompanying you to Munich. Here are five things Forbes Travel Guide recommends you do in Munich with kids in tow:
1. Deutsches Museum. The largest museum of science and technology in the world will keep kids occupied for hours — if not days. They’ll adore a special section called Kinderreich where children ages 3 and up are kings.
2. Tierpark Hellabrunn. Munich’s zoo covers 89 acres and houses about 450 animals grouped by continent. It even includes a petting zoo for little animal lovers.
3. Munich Marionette Theater. The oldest puppet theatre in the world — it started in 1858 — is a delightful venue that offers shows for kids ages 4 and up during the week. It also has Saturday evening performances for older children that their moms and dads will enjoy, too.
4. Sea Life Munich. Kids of all ages will marvel at the more than 4,500 creatures in the tanks at this aquatic complex within the expansive Olympia Park.
5. Circus Krone. Europe’s biggest circus is sure to delight your kids with its acrobats, clowns, lions and tigers. Though it tours much of the year, the circus resides in Munich between late December and April.