Answers from Our Experts (1)
The island of Mykonos offers a lot more than just fried calamari and village salads (tomatoes, cucumber, onions and feta). Not that we don’t love eating both those things while in Greece, but you’re in luck if, say, you want sushi one day instead. Some of Greece’s best restaurants can be found on Mykonos. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s top picks for where to eat in Mykonos:
1. Avra. Sit in Avra’s secluded courtyard garden or rooftop terrace as you enjoy its top-rated Greek fusion menu. Order the fresh fish or a hearty meat dish, such as the chateaubriand, which is made for two and features tender slices of steak in a béarnaise sauce.
2. Nammos. One of the island’s trendiest spots has an outdoor café, formal dining area and beach club. Located on glam Psarou Beach, a crowd wearing designer bikinis descends daily to dine on the fresh fish and pasta dishes.
3. La Cucina di Daniele. Sitting on a hill just above Ftelia beach, this elegant restaurant offers an ever-changing menu inspired by fusing Greek and Italian tastes.
4. Matsuhisa Mykonos. Nobu’s island restaurant found a home at the Belvedere Hotel, where the dishes are an appetizing balance of Japanese and Peruvian influences. Ingredients are flown in directly from Japan.
5. The Belvedere Club. Across from Matsuhisa Mykonos, you’ll find some of the best Greek cuisine on the island at The Belvedere Club. Try its version of saganaki (fried Greek cheese) and spanakopita (spinach pie).