Answers from Our Experts (1)
Taking a vacation doesn’t always have to come with a price. If your wallet is starting to feel the pinch, there are plenty of free things to do in Naples. Here’s our list of the five best free things:
1. Explore the beach. One of Naples’ premier attractions is its miles of beaches. Throw down a towel or pull up a lounge chair and soak in the rays, or choose to explore the underwater world in the incredibly clear water.
2. Visit the Collier County Museum. A visit to the Collier County Museum will open your eyes to the history of the immediate area, including exhibits on Calusa Indians, Seminole warriors and Spanish explorers. On the museum’s grounds you’ll also find native Florida gardens, a working archaeology lab, a Seminole village and war fort, a tropical orchid house and wildlife displays.
3. See Big Cypress National Park. If you want to get out and explore nature, head a little ways south of Naples to Big Cypress National Park, the Everglades’ northern neighbor. Here you can canoe, kayak, hike, or go on a ranger-led program such as a hike, canoe trip, boardwalk stroll, or evening program.
4. Head over to Naples City Pier. For more than 100 years, visitors to the Naples area have made stops at the Naples City Pier for gorgeous views of the Gulf of Mexico and fishing without a license. This is the perfect place for a different perspective of Naples.
5. Check out the art. If you’re visiting Naples in March, be sure to check out the 260 local, regional and national artists who gather at the Downtown Naples Festival of the Arts, held on Fifth Avenue South. Admission is free, as are parking and shuttles to the festival.