Answers from Our Experts (1)
During your stay in sunny Naples, it seems as if the possibilities for activities could be endless. Luckily, we’ve come up with a list of the five best things to see and do in Naples:
1. Go to the beach. Located on the west coast of Florida, one of the best things you’ll find in the area is the Gulf of Mexico beaches. Throw down a towel or pull up a lounge chair and soak in the rays, taking the occasional dip in the warm waters of the Gulf.
2. Take the trolley. If you’ve had your fill of fun in the sun and want to explore a bit more, hop aboard the open-air Naples Trolley and follow its route. When fancy strikes — say you happen upon a street filled with inviting boutiques — you can hop off, then hop back on to complete the outing.
3. Shop the boutiques. Perhaps you’ll take the trolley to downtown Naples, where you can window shop along Fifth Avenue South. Most of the boutiques are independent, but you’ll find fun shops here such as Fresh Produce, where you’ll find beachy sportswear for men, women and kids. Or, stop into Peach Tree Designs and get inspired to make a change in your home.
4. Naples Museum of Art. If you’re looking for something a bit more cultural, the Naples Museum of Art is open seasonally (October through June), and its 30,000 square feet is spread over three stories encompasses 15 galleries and a glass-dome conservatory. The entrance gates are by metal artist Albert Paley; look up once inside and you’ll find chandeliers by glass artist Dale Chihuly. Inside the galleries you’ll spot world-class paintings, sculpture, drawings and other works of art.
5. Visit the Everglades. Of course, the Everglades aren’t too far away, and an airboat ride is the best way to explore the storied swamplands. Stay on the water and grab a cooler to watch the sun set aboard a catamaran cruise.