Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are the five things you should know before booking your room at Windsor Court Hotel:
1. It’s in the French Quarter. Windsor Court Hotel, located directly across the street from Harrah’s casino, is just a hop skip and a jump away from the amazing music venues and nightlife on Frenchmen Street or the non-stop partying on Bourbon Street. It’s also right by the Warehouse District, where plenty of tasty restaurants are to be found.
2. The cocktails are legit. You’d be wise to try a New Orleans born drink like the Sazerac, invented in the city in the mid-1800s and made at the Windsor’s own Cocktail Bar and Polo Club Lounge with rye whiskey, simple syrup, Peychaud’s bitters, a twist of lemon and an old fashioned glass coated with a few dashes of absinthe.
3. Its pool is open all year round. The hotel has a rooftop pool that features heated saltwater and is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. from winter to summer. (Don’t worry, they turn the heat off during New Orleans’s humid dog days of summer.)
4. It has a spa. The Spa at Windsor Court boasts fantastic treatments — from detox wraps to relaxation massages — administered by talented and skilled therapists.
5. Its design style is conservative yet warm. From the hotel’s ever so prim and proper British tearoom to its traditional English country club atmosphere, Windsor Court Hotel’s design style reflects its name.