Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re looking for ways to best describe the style of Soho House New York, might we suggest employing these five words:
1. Exclusive. Soho House New York is primarily a private membership club for those who work in the media and entertainment industries. While the hotel rooms are open to anyone, the hotel’s restaurant and lounge spaces regularly serve as meeting venues for the New York elite and you’re likely to rub shoulders with the city’s power players.
2. Boutique-y. Set over six floors and encompassing only 30 rooms, this Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel is definitely intimate in size and feel. The surrounding neighborhood (the Meatpacking District), meanwhile, is also a hotbed of nightclubs, restaurants and trendy shopping — if you consider yourself an aesthete or just love beautifully packaged things, you’ll dig Soho House New York.
3. Industrial-Chic. We absolutely adore the bespoke guest rooms at Soho House New York. Meticulously designed and stocked with amenities, you’ll find touches such as reclaimed wood-paneled walls or beamed ceilings, club-like leather furnishings and elegant chandeliers or wrought iron light fixtures.
4. Discreet. Walk by the Soho House New York and you might not even know that there’s a hotel located on Ninth Avenue. Occupying a former warehouse, the hotel is easy to miss — but that’s part of the point. You would barely know that the hotel’s rooftop pool is one of the city’s most see-and-be seen venues come summer.
5. Easy Going. Yes, it might be a private members' club, but Soho House New York operates a strict no-suits policy. What’s more, the staff is laid-back, calling you by your first name and wearing chic jeans and suspenders at the front desk. When you’re staying here, it’s much more like you’re visiting a stylish friend’s New York City apartment than staying at a traditional hotel.