Answers from Our Experts (1)
Thrill rides and theme parks fill up the brochures about Orlando, but you can squeeze in some romance without either. Space Mountain may not scream “romantic evening” to you, but plenty of Orlando’s attractions have that quality that will make you and your special someone starry-eyed. Here’s our top five romantic things to do in Orlando:
1. Lake Eola. After a romantic dinner in downtown Orlando, take a quiet stroll around Lake Eola. The sparkling lights from the surrounding buildings dance on the water, while the swans quietly glide along. At the risk of sounding cheesy, we can’t think of anything more romantic than a moonlit stroll along a glistening lake.
2. Winter Park. A quiet, scenic boat tour of the lakes and canals of Winter Park makes any morning more interesting. You’ll be able to snuggle with your sweetie, while taking in the beautiful scenery and interesting history of the area.
3. Charles Hosmer Morse Museum. Post-boat ride, stroll through the world’s largest collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany art at the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum, including the chapel interior that he designed for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago. But if you haven’t already bought her that rock (or if he hasn’t bought if for you), you may not want to linger on the jewelry exhibits.
4. Leu Gardens. It doesn’t get much more romantic than a movie under the stars amid a breathtakingly beautiful garden of flowers and arching trees - other than that lakeside moonlit stroll. We highly suggest a date night at Leu Gardens, which offers just about everything - minus the lake - for the perfect evening of love.
5. Victoria and Albert’s. To us, food is certainly a thing of lust, so why wouldn’t a romantic dinner be on this list? We suggest that you make reservations at Victoria and Albert’s for a special meal. When you call to make your reservations, the host will go through a pre-screen for food allergies, dislikes and preferences in order to make sure that your menu is customized to your every need. It sure beats having to cook yourself, and you still get a customized meal. We consider this a win.