Answers from Our Experts (1)
As Canada’s capital, Ottawa attracts all kinds of visitors. Whether you choose to stay in a hotel overlooking Parliament Hill or one attached to a shopping center, there’s something to appeal to everyone’s style. Here’s our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ take on the five best places to stay in Ottawa.
1. The Fairmont Chateau Laurier. This impressive castle will lure you in with its setting overlooking Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal and the Ottawa River. The traditional rooms are decked out in dark wood with a tan, gray and blue palette. Not only is the setting enchanting, but The Fairmont Chateau Laurier is also convenient to just about everything.
2. The Westin Ottawa. Attached to the Rideau Centre and the Ottawa Convention Centre, The Westin Ottawa is just blocks from Parliament Hill and the ByWard Market. The comfortable rooms show off Ottawa’s hustle and bustle through giant picture windows. Blanketed in neutral tones and featuring beds topped with crisp white sheets, the guestrooms are soothing.
3. Arc The Hotel. The city’s first luxury boutique hotel offers 112 sleek guestrooms and the intimacy of a small inn with all the amenities you’d get in a big hotel. Located downtown, this contemporary property is Ottawa’s only design hotel.
4. Brookstreet Hotel. Located in West Ottawa, Brookstreet Hotel is a great place to get away from it all. With a spa, golf course and a handful of dining options, this resort-like hotel offers 276 luxuriously appointed guestrooms. And there’s fun for the whole family with game rooms and swimming pools.
5. Ottawa Marriott Hotel. Sitting in the heart of downtown, Ottawa Marriott is close to must-see attractions like the Rideau Canal, National Gallery of Canada and Parliament Hill. The 480 guestrooms are spread over 29 floors, each decked out with contemporary furnishings and cozy colors.