Answers from Our Experts (1)
In a resort town like Palm Springs, there’s certainly no lack of fine-dining options for a special night on the town. Here are the five best restaurants in Palm Springs:
1. Wally’s Desert Turtle. This Rancho Mirage restaurant boasts one of the desert’s finest dining experiences, and certainly one that won’t soon be forgotten. Incredible presentation and service only serves to elevate the fine continental cuisine at Wally’s Desert Turtle, as does the ambiance created by the mirrored walls and art pieces that define the dining room.
2. Spencer’s. You won’t stumble upon Spencer’s by accident; this upscale restaurant is hidden against the San Jacinto mountains at the Palm Springs Tennis Club. But it is well worth the trip – dining on the patio is one of the desert’s best restaurant experiences, as the flowing trees, red-brown mountains and cool breezes set the mood for quality Pan-American dishes that can’t be beat.
3. Le Vallauris. If you’re in the mood for French cuisine, don’t miss Le Vallauris in Palm Springs. The dining room is impeccably decorated with Louis XV furniture and European art, and the French dishes (ranging from escargot to crispy duck) have earned Le Vallauris its reputation as one of the desert’s top restaurants.
4. Copley’s on Palm Canyon. Cary Grant’s former estate is now home to one of Uptown Palm Springs’ premiere dining destinations. Copley’s on Palm Canyon dishes out European-inspired selections in its quaint, open patio and intimate dining room. Plates such as herb-crusted Colorado rack of lamb are seasoned with garnishes picked straight from chef Andrew Copley’s onsite garden.
5. Melvyn’s. You’ll feel like Old Hollywood royalty when you arrive here, a time capsule of sorts where the tables are covered in white linens and the maître’ d’s still wear their tuxedo jackets with pride. Many gourmet dishes are prepared at your tableside such as steak Diane and are best enjoyed with a selection from the impressive wine list.