Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether your kids enjoy the peace of the outdoors, the thrills of a waterslide or discovering the possibilities of their imaginations, they’ll find plenty to enjoy in the Coachella Valley. Here are the best things to do with kids in Palm Springs:
1. Soar into the mountains. As the world’s largest rotating tramway, the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway offers a cool, family-friendly escape into the San Jacinto Mountains. After soaking up the spectacular sights of the jagged mountains and Coachella Valley below, the family can explore the winding nature trails of San Jacinto State Park or play in the snow, depending on the season.
2. Get soaked. With 16 acres of water slides, wave pools and lazy rivers, Knott’s Soak City Palm Springs is a hit with families looking to beat the desert heat. Rent a cabana, grab an inner tube and let the kids enjoy a day filled with aquatic adventure.
3. Meet the desert’s natives. At the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens in Palm Desert, the kids can meet desert animals from around the world. Start the day at the Tennity Wildlife Hospital, where you’ll watch critters like bat-eared foxes or bald eagles get their annual exams. Then, spend the rest of the time wandering dozens of exhibits, feeding the resident giraffes or meeting some of the zoo’s smaller residents during the daily animal presentations.
4. Get your hands dirty. If your little ones have some energy to burn, set them loose at the Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert. This hands-on museum is all about learning by doing, whether the kids are digging for archaeological artifacts, role-playing in a replica grocery store or getting their hands dirty while painting the museum’s famous Volkswagen Beetle.
5. Ride into a fault line. Nature’s raw power will astound the entire family as you delve deep into the heart of the active San Andreas Fault on a Desert Adventures tour. From the back of an open-air red jeep, your children will learn all about the desert’s geology, native people and environment.