Answers from Our Experts (1)
Family-friendly hotels and great, inexpensive street food make Penang a good place to visit with the kids, plus you’ll find plenty of things to do that appeal to both you and them. Here’s what our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ recommend:
1. Visit the Penang Botanical Gardens. The large park offers plenty of green space (and shade) for the kids to run around, plus there’s a tram they can ride on. Monkeys come right up the vehicle and try to snatch your food.
2. Ride the cable car. Shoot up Penang Hill, 700 meters above sea level, for great views. If you’re really of hardy stock, you can hike back down in two or three hours and arrive at the botanical gardens.
3. Hang at Penang Youth Park. The park offers loads of playground equipment, plus wading pools, a giant chess set and more. It’s arguably Penang’s best outdoor kid-friendly spot.
4. Run, jump and slide at Adventure Zone. This indoor playground offers slides, rope climbs, games, a special toddler play area and more important, air conditioning.
5. Visit the Penang Toy Museum. The museum has more than 110,000 toys, including Pixar and Disney stars like Kung Fu Panda and Wall-E.