Answers from Our Experts (1)
Perth is still developing as a luxury travel destination, so the number of high-end hotels is limited. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the five best to stay in Perth.
1. The Richardson Hotel & Spa. For travelers seeking for a luxury experience, the Richardson is the place to be. With a range of rooms and suites with welcome fruit baskets, as well as complimentary Internet access, the Richardson has a boutique feel. The hotel staff go above and beyond to make you comfortable, offering six different types of pillows for guests to choose from. Enjoy being pampered at the ESPA Spa or treat yourself to dinner at the Opus Restaurant, one of the best in the city.
2. InterContinental Burswood Resort. If you’re seeking a full entertainment experience, look no further than the InterContinental. Located in the Burswood Entertainment Complex across the river from Perth, the facility boasts a golf course, 24-hour casino, a number of restaurants and bars, plus a spa and fitness facility. With so much to do on site, it may be hard to make yourself leave and enjoy the city!
3. Duxton Hotel. With complimentary morning chauffeur transfers in the CBD, the Duxton is a great for business travelers. The outdoor heated pool and location just one block from Barrack Street Jetty also makes it ideal for tourists who want to be in the middle of everything. All rooms were refurbished in 2011, but pay the extra to ensure you have a room with a view of the Swan River.
4. Parmelia Hilton. The Parmelia Hilton is in the center of the action, just around the corner from King Street shopping and across the street from the convention center. Whether you’re visiting Perth for business or pleasure, this hotel makes a great home base. The three restaurants on site offer a variety of options from burgers to fresh seafood, so it’s easy to stay in after a busy day.
5. Hyatt Regency Perth. Its east Perth location makes the Hyatt Regency a quieter hotel, while keeping you near the central business district. The free CAT bus service stops just outside your door, giving you access to the rest of the city. Guests looking to get their workout in will be thrilled with the 25-meter heated outdoor pool.